I feel betrayed

 I mean betrayed in almost the worst way... emotionally. He cares about his ex-wife's feelings over mine! So what had happened is that his ex wife, her husband, and the kids were in somewhat close proximity of my husband's parents house this weekend. Keep in mind there is A LOT of history here and they have expressed that they don't really care for her and there is no close previous relationship being that everyone was in different states for years (my husband was closer to his ex-wive's family than she was to his). I'm not sure how this happened (husband's dad drank to much and actually responded to one of her text messages) they went to  my husband's parents house. It would be fine if she dropped the kids off to spend time with their grandparent's, but she spent time with her ex-in-laws. They had lunch and went on a hike. This is just weird to me. How does her husband feel about this? How awkward? Crossing boundaries? Mind you when my husband goes to drop off his kids at their other grandparent's house, they have to meet at a gas station because it would be too weird! WTF! Do you know what my husband says, "Don't let it bother you", "Why is it your concern?" Fuck you! Don't dismiss my feelings. And he says he doesn't want to ruffle any feathers, because things are finally going well with him and his ex.  Fuck you! He's been gas lighting me and saying that things are MY fault. He won't stand up to her. I feel he is more concerned about not causing ripples with her than he is about causing waves of problems in our relationship. This is a big infraction that will not go away. I feel betrayed in the worst way. It hurts. He has no balls to stand up to her. This is not the first time that she has inserted, bullied her way into our lives. I even asked him to help with all of the scenarios that were going on in my head (ask your parents if she was there, didn't that feel weird, how does her husband feel about this) and he wouldn't even reach out to his parents to give me something. Whether she was there or not, I don't know, because my husband doesn't care about my feelings or my request. I gave him all night and what did he do? Sleep.  See how important my feelings are? He acknowledged that it was weird and that when I asked him to reach out to his family (this is while making dinner). He said "Do I have to do it now?" to which I responded, "No, not right now." Stupid me thinking that he would do it sometime after dinner, but he just kept sleeping, like he always fucking does. He hardly does anything! I'm crazy. I'm a cunt. I'm a bitch, is what he says. I can't even talk to him because he doesn't listen and always put things back on me. Take responsibility for once and listen and care. Usually when I cry in front of him about a problem in our relationship that makes me feel really sad, he just mocks me and gives pretend cries. I know there is no respect there. I want to leave, but I'm afraid too. I show a very stoic face in front of him because I know that he will mock me if I show weakness, but is that really a good partner character to want? No! I don't quite have the strength to leave.

Comments